Sunday, June 18, 2006

i worked for the money, the reward came as a cough and cold














yep, telecoms, i feel like drone, lose ability speak speak....

okay, so i finished my previous job at asiacom, made $320 approx...cool, the agency said we were favoured workers cos we were fast, efficient and smart people. =D, crap, my ego is growing.

i went for another job oppurtunity today, some family day thingy. boy, i swear it was the hardest $40? i made in my life. Southwest CDC family day bullshit, made me sicklier. so the story goes like this...

we were all assigned to man the game stalls there, 7 stalls, 8 people. the extra acts as a spare tyre, once we feel the insufferable torment from the aunties and children (courtesy of the jurong west and lakeside people, thanks a bunch, assholes) . and so, i kena-ed the golf putting game stall, to which i was supposed to do the lasso game, but yunru had to beg me to take something else cos she wanted it. i gave in. well, i wouldn't say her job was easier, but its all the same. here's my misadventure: i started off pretty well when an indian boy strolled around ( he was the only one at the earliest point of opening), i gave him 4 tries to put into the hole, unfortunately, he did'nt manage to score, but he was a nice boy. now let's do the angel-devil thing, then roughly 15 mins into the event, came a boy in red and carrying a little sling pouch. boy, i was mistaken by his initial entity as a 'casual child patron', he snuck to where the hole was and began 'working' for me like he knows me.











me in a dorky looking bandana



i was kinda shaky, cos i thought my boss will scream at me for allowing a kid to do part of my work. but he/she (2 bosses) didn't patrol, so my ass was saved. but that kid, he got a little annoying and started to aggrevate me, i asked for the 2 pathetic golf balls that he collected after the previous patron gave her shots and missed, but he refused , yes, what the fk. that little demon-child threw the ball into the putting range( its really pathetic, it looks like those little putting machines without the machinery but holes and stuff). he threw it on a patron, the nerve! tries and such explained below...

telling him i will get scolded by my boss for his uninvited and unauthorized entrance?
-didn't work
zac told him that it's not safe standing like a gymnast in front of the putting green cos he will hurt his balls
-didn't work, kid said 'fuck'
zac told him to not sit on the chair
-didn't work, kid said 'bullshit'
i told him a lot of people are getting impatient from his stubborn little behaviour
-didn't work, kid said 'whatever'
i stared at him like i wanted to bludgeon him and give him hatchet wound in the face
-worked for 10 mins, came back and disturbed us again, that little jackass

only towards the end till his parent(s) came, i pity her, such a little damien to take care of, omen is upon her..sigh


anyway, the aunties also contributed a little to making me contract heart attacks, they just took the prize while we couldn't look, kiasu women,sigh..some tried to steal the prizes, but i just let them be, cos there were like plenty of cheap-mass-produced goods to give away, since this was paid for by the gahmen. suckers. they didn't really take a good look at the price tags, their dirt cheap. fools

spotted a few child prodigies too, this guy kept coming back and each time he came back, he manages to do a hole in one, nice. the day ended in a chicken rice dinner, speaking of chicken rice, i had so much chicken rice during lunch and dinner breaks for my asiacom stint that my crap started to smell like it. oh well, i was hungry an hour ago, so i cooked good ol' myojo noodles to satisfy this craving, but as i expected, it tasted like salt water blanched noodles. cos the sun from today's fair totally killed my nose, now i have to breathe through my mouth, sigh.

SIGNING OFF
DLC:P

No comments: